We believe that effective college planning not only guides students through the complicated and confusing college process, but also helps students define themselves as emerging adults. For many students, college planning may begin as early as freshman year, but we believe that sophomore spring or junior fall is the ideal time to begin this work in earnest.
We offer families affordable, flexible programs ranging from hourly to comprehensive.
Our most comprehensive program includes:
- Initial consultation to discuss student’s academic profile, standardized testing needs, and passions and aspirations.
- Development of college-visit list.
- Guidance and strategies for applications: planning appropriate high-school coursework; building an academic, extracurricular, and personal profile; refining college list.
- Three preliminary sessions of SAT or ACT tutoring.
- College-interview strategies and practice interviews.
- Sessions to brainstorm essay topics and approaches.
- Detailed reports after each meeting and regular check-ins with student.
Whether your student is looking for ongoing guidance throughout the four years of high school or more limited meetings, we can help. We take an individual approach with each student, and we’re happy to answer any questions about our college planning program.
Dave Parker, MA, is the founder of Parker Education and Parker Academy. He has worked in education for more than thirty years, as an administrator at Bard College and Simon’s Rock College, and as a teacher at Independent Educational Associates and Society for the Protection of NH Forests. He holds degrees from Tufts University and the University of New Hampshire, and specialization certificates from Antioch University New England and Granite State College.