- Northeastern University, Boston, MA: Radiologic Technology
- Multisensory Reading Tutor, private and public schools, NH
- Certified in the Orton-Gillingham Reading Program
- Trained in Lindamood LiPS Program & Project Read
- Specialties: Specialized Reading & Written Language Programs
Renée started her professional career as a radiologic technologist in 1972. Her interest in reading developed when her son was diagnosed with severe learning disabilities in first grade. Being certified as an Orton-Gillingham tutor was the first major step to switching careers, followed by many trainings and workshops through the years. Utilizing parts of other programs, she can now augment her lessons to meet the needs and learning styles of her students, always maintaining the O-G base. Prior to coming to Parker Academy and TAIS in June of 2004, Renée was self employed and contracted to both private and public schools, and saw clients in her home office. Seeing a student’s eyes light up when they realize they can read something they never could before is a truly rewarding experience.
Renée and her husband live in Bow, along with their son. She enjoys reading and spending time with family and friends. Her daughter and husband and 4 grandsons live in Maryland and visits are too short and not often enough. Renée enjoys being a grandma, reading, and having free leisure time without a schedule.